Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Moisturizer withdrawal (2 weeks in)

2 weeks ago I was in a bad place. I had areas on my face that would not heal (for months). It was red, itchy, flaky, oozing, and I could not sleep. I decided to quit using moisturizers. Turns out, it was the best decision I've made so far. Within 3 days all the oozing completely stopped. The places that would not heal are healed! I am still red, itchy and flaking, but nothing like before. I'm not lying on the couch all day and I'm sleeping at night. I hope this progression continues, but you never know with tsw. The first week sucked. I looked horrible and felt worse. I had to keep splashing cold water on my face and legs to help with the dryness and pain. I was shedding like crazy. It was like stopping steroids all over again. But, it was totally worth it. to see such a big improvement in 2 weeks is a welcomed change, The challenge is in taking showers. The warm water really helps to sooth, yet it does dry out your skin. Some days I don't care and I just take a hot shower and deal with the dryness afterwards. Other days I can talk cooler showers and feel better throughout the day. Either way, it really helps just to stay busy. Don't look in the mirror. Don't itch that itch if you can help it, and just live your life. Oh yea, and keep your head up (literally). If people look at you funny, just look at them and smile, and say hello. Try not to feel bad for yourself. Feel bad for all those poor people that have to look at you. Seriously, that must suck to be them and have to look my face. I feel sorry for them.

6 comments:

  1. You go JT!!!! So happy you are feeling better on the other side! :) You may still have your bad days, but I will never go back to moisturizers!! I can't believe the difference it made! Keep it up and keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha so true it does look terrible! but it's worth it!
    http://rubyredandtsw.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another +1 to MW! Had the same exact result as you when I withdrawed from moisturizers. Hang on there!

    Leslie
    http://saynototopicalsteroids.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay JT! good to hear that MW is going well. i think it was the best decision i ever made too! i hope i never need to use moisturisers! thank u for ur positive tips made me feel better just now. had a depressing day :( keep up the good work xxx ahfaye byebyesteroids.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news! Just a tip, try to avoid hot showers because hot water strips your natural oils as bad as soap does. Great to hear MW is working well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.

    baby eczema

    dry rough skin

    cure dry cracked feet

    diaper rash cream

    spider vein treatment cream

    ReplyDelete